Schoology Access code
The code will be provided at the parent meeting prior to the class start date.
Course & State Requirements
1. Students will receive a class schedule indicating the chapter that will be covered on a given date. This will enable the student to pre-read the chapter and do the chapter test review prior to class. Students may retake any test once and the retake score will be their new score.
2. As per state law, students shall be assessed in the following three areas:
1. Knowledge (classroom)
2. Skills (in car training)
3. Attitude (This includes, but not limited to, cheating of any kind and behavior in class, car, and school.)
A student who fails in any one of these three areas shall fail the entire course. Successful completion for the course is to earn a grade of 80% or higher in each of these three areas. This is not a cumulative grade. The student needs to pass each area with an 80% or higher.
3. Per state law, students are NOT allowed to engage in the following activities:
4. Two sheets called Drivers Education Core Program explain the basic rules of the road will be handed out and a test given on each sheet. Students must pass these tests with an 80% or better in order to pass the course.
5. A State of Idaho Drivers Manual will be furnished. Each student is required to read the manual twice during the course.
6. Students will be supervised by a parent while they change a tire, check the oil and perform a vehicle inspection on the automobile that they will be driving most frequently.
7. Students will ride with a licensed driver for a total of two (2) hours, observe, and record the traffic patterns around them. They will make a log of driving errors made by the others. They will not critique the driver they are with.
8. Students requiring adaptation, either in the classroom or in the car, must contact the teacher to inform them of the special needs. Instructors will make all reasonable accommodations to help the student be successful, but accommodations that put the public at risk cannot be made.
9. Students will be required to have an account to the Schoology Learning System. All tests, homework, and chapter work grades will be maintained on this system so that students will always have access to their current grade. Parents may also request a code allowing them to view their student's progress.
10. Students must maintain passing grades in their school classes and meet all attendance and behavior requirements for school. Should students violate any school or district policy, they will be removed from the course.
Class cancellations – If school is cancelled due to weather, driver education classes and drives will be cancelled for that day.