Schoology Access code
Course & State Requirements
1. Students will receive a class schedule indicating the chapter that will be covered on a given date. This will enable the student to pre-read the chapter and do the chapter test review prior to class. Students may retake any test once and the retake score will be their new score.
2. As per state law, the student must receive and average over all score of 80% or better to pass the classroom phase of driver education. Also, per state law, students are NOT allowed to drive outside of driver education. Should the student do so, they will immediately be dropped from the class and be required to re-enroll in a future course and be responsible for all fees.
3. Two sheets called Drivers Education Core Program explain the basic rules of the road will be handed out and a test given on each sheet. Students must pass these tests with an 80% or better in order to pass the course.
4. A State of Idaho Drivers Manual will be furnished. Each student is required to read the manual twice during the course.
5. Students will be supervised by a parent while they change a tire, check the oil and perform a vehicle inspection on the automobile that they will be driving most frequently.
6. Students will ride with a licensed driver for a total of two (2) hours, observe, and record the traffic patterns around them. They will make a log of driving errors made by the others. They will not critique the driver they are with.
7. Students requiring adaptation, either in the classroom or in the car, must contact the teacher to inform them of the special needs. Instructors will make all reasonable accommodations to help the student be successful.
8. Students will be required to have an account to the Schoology Learning System. All tests, homework, and chapter work grades will be maintained on this system so that students will always have access to their current grade. Parents may also request a code allowing them to view their student's progress.
Class cancellations – If school is cancelled due to weather, driver ed class and drives will be cancelled for that day.